Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Has It Really Been Three Months?

My little man turns 3 months old today!!


He has really grown up in the past month. Unofficially (because we don't go back to the doctor until next month), he has gained 3 pounds in the past month. He's fed, he's happy...we must be doing something right!

Matty really brightens up my day. I spend so much time playing with him and giving him kisses! I don't know what I did to fill my time before he got here.

I've been told that apparently I didn't tell a lot of people Matty's name before he got here. That certainly wasn't on purpose! It took us awhile to decide exactly what we were going to name him. We knew his middle name would be Anthony, after Saint Anthony of Padua. When Matt was confirmed he had to pick a saint, and Anthony was the saint he picked. It's meant a lot to him and his family. But Matt didn't know if he wanted to name our first child after him. We didn't think we could name a successive son "Matthew." However, I kept telling him (from before we got pregnant) that I wanted a little him, so his name had to be Matthew, right? Ultimately we settled on Matthew Anthony, and I think Matty is such an adorable nickname.

Back to our last month though...it has been a busy one!

Matty took his first swim in the pool!



Thanks to Aunt Carrie for the great float!

Check out Matty's Mickey swim suit and sunglasses!

My mom and dad (Lynnie and Grandfather) came for a visit, and Matty and I did a little photo shoot in the front yard.



You can see he wasn't really into taking pictures.

We did manage to capture some adorable faces on camera though!

"Seriously, mom?"

"Eh, I could smile and make her happy."

"Hehe, I've got a secret!"

I did finally get a few good pictures, including my favorite:


And then once Grandfather got his hands on him, Matty turned out a few of his famous smiles!


Matty and Lynnie

Most of our days are filled with eating, playing and pooping. He's mastered the first and third very well. And of course, he's most definitely mastered the sleeping routine.





You can see his favorite napping spot is sleeping on somebody...especially his sleeping buddy, Lynnie.

This week Matty has started laughing!! It really is the cutest thing, although it gives him the hiccups!!





That's it for now!!

Coming next month...our first trip to the SC State Fair, which will also be our first trip out of town (wish us luck!!). Also, our 4 months official stats!!

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment