Friday, October 18, 2013

A Third of a Year Old

Yep...you read that right. Matty is 4 months old today! Sometimes it seems he's been here forever, but others feel like he just got here and we're just starting to get the hang of this "parenting" thing. One thing is for sure: I love this little guy SO much!



We've started getting more comfortable taking Matty around. We bought a car with him. We took our first trip to Columbia. And we even took him to church for the first time. Except for a little bit in the car on I-20, he has been great out in public! (Let's be honest. He was probably crying because he was bored. I-20 is the most boring interstate I've ever traveled!)

As much as I have loved and treasured the extra time I got to spend with my little one, I know he'd rather see some different faces during the day (you can only see the same person so much, right?), so I am interested to see how he's going to handle daycare and make some friends!

We did take a trip to the doctor today for his 4-month check up and vaccines.

Here are his stats:

Length/Height: 26.75" (he's grown almost 6 inches since he was born -- no worries, given his mother's height, he'll stall out soon)

Weight: 16 lbs, 11 oz (up more than 7 pounds since birth)

Head size: 16.5" (almost 3 inches bigger than when he was born)

Since our little guy has grown up so quickly in the past four months, I figured today we'd take a trip back...to where it all began.

Here it is: 4 months in under 4 minutes. (Mom, I know you...grab a tissue, please!)




Coming next time: Matty's baptism!

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment