Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Letter to My Husband

Two years ago today, we stood up in front of our closest family and friends and promised that we would love each other for the rest of our lives. It was not a promise I took lightly.

You have been more than my husband over the past two years. You have been my confidant, my love, my best friend. "They" say you shouldn't marry the person you can live with, but instead, marry the one you can't live without. You are that person for me.

But now you are more than a husband to me. You are a wonderful father to our Matty. I always knew you would be! You take such good care of me -- it's only natural that you would do the same for our child(ren).

To be honest, from the moment I met you, I knew there was something special about you. And I had to find out exactly what it was. Now I know, although I can't quite put it into words. You are an amazing man that I am lucky to have the opportunity to share my life with. Every morning I wake up, I thank God that you are in my life and He put you there. Every night, I say a prayer that we will continue down this crazy road of life, hand in hand as the best of friends.

The very thought of you brings a smile to my face. You make me laugh. You hold me tight. You wipe away any tears that may fall.

YOU are the reason today is so special.

For now, it's two years of marriage in the book of Matt and Suzanne. And I pray we have many more.

Here's a little walk down memory lane:














Happy Anniversary Baby!!



No comments:

Post a Comment