Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"If I Could Turn Back Time..."

Well, no. I wouldn't turn back time, even if I could. But how is it possible that I am the mom of an almost 1-year-old?! Seriously...how is that possible?!

11 months old! (These pictures are hard with a wiggly toddler!)

During our trip to Columbia for Easter we got to see Aunt Carrie and cousins Jack and Grace Anne.
"You're a baby!" "No, you're a baby!"

We got our first soccer lesson from Daddy last month. And it is apparently hilarious when Daddy kicks the ball. I would show you video of how funny it is, but I'm too busy laughing myself to grab the camera.

My little man is growing up SO fast! We've had to childproof all the doors and drawers in the kitchen. We already had one incident where Matty slammed the drawer on his finger and drew blood. There was lots of crying. Matty wasn't happy either. LOL.

Luckily, Matt had some help with the childproofing...

"Daddy, you have to attach it there. Otherwise, I can easily break in."

Finally...FINALLY! It is pool weather! Matt got this plastic bubble wrap solar pool cover thingy (technical term people, technical term). It is supposed to heat up the pool by at least 15 degrees. So far, so good. I even ventured in past my ankles.

The plastic bubble wrap solar pool cover thingy

Our next door neighbor Chris came over...

All the boys in the deep end.

Everyone knows that the pool water has to be at least 85 degrees to go in. None of this...oh, it's 85 outside so it's warm enough to take a dip. Whaaatttt? No sir. It has to be warm outside and warm in the pool. Otherwise we are talking about what feels like a polar plunge, and I'm just not that into that.

Matty tried out his pool legs. He went in briefly last year, but now he can wear sunscreen, and this oh so adorable hat!
Not impressed, Mom.

Daddy is still the funniest thing in Matty's life. He loves rough-housing with his dad. Boys...


Let's see...what's the latest on our little guy...

At last check, he was around 20-21 pounds. He is also pretty tall for his age. He is walking GREAT! A little too great. He's decided it's more fun to walk really really fast. For little legs that are still a bit unsteady, NOT a great idea. We've had a few bumps and bruises. And lots of tears. Again, Matty hasn't been too thrilled either.

A few pictures from the last month. I apologize that there aren't as many as usual. But what can I do? I'm running after this guy for most of the day. Apparently when they can walk, they WANT to walk and not just sit quietly and play with a toy in the middle of the floor. You know, where you can see them. Where it is safe. Where you know they aren't getting into any trouble.

"What? This is totally how you drink out of this cup!"

"Finally, a chair that's my size."

"Who are you calling a hobo?"

This guy...what can I say. I love him more and more every day. It is amazing how much you learn about your capacity to love when you become a parent. The thought of him being in pain brings tears to my eyes. (I don't know how we're going to make it through sports.)

I mean, how can you not want to always see a smile on this guy's face? It's TOO cute!!!







And just because it is too cute to now share...sorry babe.


Coming next time: Matty turns 1!!!!

Until then...




No comments:

Post a Comment