Monday, October 17, 2011

The Details...

As Matt predicted, it's been two weeks since we got engaged and I pretty much have the wedding planned. But hey...the wedding is exactly two months from today. We have to make a lot of decisions quickly! Luckily, I knew pretty much what I wanted for our wedding from the minute we got engaged.

Here are some of the details I can share...

The ceremony and reception will be at the Hardeman-Sams House in Athens, Georgia.

It is a beautiful space. I have a friend from college who recently had her wedding reception here last December. It was gorgeous. The house will already be decorated for Christmas, which is great.

I know...it's December, but we'd like to have the ceremony at the gazebo behind the house.
Our florist is creating some small swags to put on the gazebo. We're looking at renting heaters if it is too cold. Obviously we'll have a plan B in case of inclement weather.

I'm WAY excited about our cake. We're actually going to do cupcakes. We found a great cupcake shop in Athens: Gigi's Cupcakes. We have an awesome idea of how we're going to do the "cake" and what it will look like. You'll have to wait and see on that...

I got my dress and shoes the same day I went looking. LOVE the dress, but I can't tell you what it looks like.

Both Matt and I are really excited about our photographer (we're going to meet and book him tomorrow). It's Mark Parsons Photography. Matt was sold when he saw one picture with the bride, with just her veil, looking at herself in the mirror. Looking back at her was the bride, fully dressed. Very creative!!! I'm hoping we are as excited after meeting him.

Other than all that...we've booked the florist, booking the DJ tomorrow, alterations are underway on my dress, garters are ordered and delivered, and invitations come tomorrow.

Can't wait to see it all come together and be Mrs. Suzanne Wooley!!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment