Thursday, October 20, 2011

Meet Our Wedding Party

So if you haven't seen our wedding web site, then you haven't met our wedding party.

Let me introduce you.

Matt and I decided that we really wanted a small wedding party...our closest friends and family. However, this at first left three people on Matt's side and two on mine. Me, being OCD, couldn't stand the proposition of having a non-symmetrical bridal party, so we decided on one attendant each.

My matron of honor will be my big sister, Carrie. We always had a great time growing up together, and I always looked up to her as being a role model. In fact, I always wanted to be exactly like her. Carrie is married and has a beautiful baby boy, my nephew, Jack. He is pretty much the center of everyone's world right now, understandably so.
Carrie and me in Williamsburg, VA
Jack -- how could he not make an appearance in the blog?

Matt's best man is Jason Dollard. Matt and Jason met in Augusta, Georgia back in 2004 when both worked at WRDW. Matt was a newscast director and Jason was a meteorologist. As many tv people know, it's hard to make friends in the business, especially early on because everyone is moving around so much. Jason and Matt kept in touch when both went their separate ways. Jason ended up in northwest Arkansas at KNWA. That's where he met his wife, Noel, who is a teacher.
Jason
Making the decision to only have one attendant each means both of us had to make some difficult choices. Unfortunately, this means I could not have my best friend, Chaunte, stand up with me. Chaunte and I worked together at WLTX in Columbia, SC. Again, like Jason and Matt, our careers took us separate ways. I ended up in Jacksonville and then Atlanta. Chaunte ended up moving to Charleston with her now-husband Dave. I miss this girl like crazy!

Chaunte and me at the Gilbert's wedding in April 2010

There's still a lot of details to share with you about our special day.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment