Saturday, October 1, 2011

We're Engaged!!

Yep! You read that right! Matt and I are getting married!

We've been talking about getting married for a little while now. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with Matt. He complements me perfectly and always puts a smile on my face.

So, everyone always wants to hear the engagement story. In order for you to really appreciate ours, you'll need some background.

Matt and I are Mac people. We love our iPhones, iPods, and our MacBooks. This past May I bought Matt a new MacBook Pro for his birthday. Unfortunately for him, I love the computer just as much as he does. I'd rather use his than mine, mainly because the screen is bigger. So pretty much any time I go to a computer, I immediately grab his. (This information is important to the story.)

A few weeks ago, we decided we were going to start going on Friday night dates. This is mainly dinner and grocery shopping. But it's a fun evening for us.

Last night, our Friday evening started off pretty normal. We went to P.F. Changs for dinner at Cumberland Mall. Then we headed over to the Kroger on Piedmont Road (I love this Kroger for some reason).

When we got home, Matt started putting away the groceries while I changed, and then he wanted to trade off so he could get more comfortable. I finished putting away the groceries and headed to the sofa to watch "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta" (my Friday evening indulgence). Well, the DVR was taping two shows, so we couldn't watch anything yet.

I grabbed Matt's computer to check Facebook and email, and when I opened it, it started playing a slideshow video of pictures of me and Matt. Earlier yesterday Matt told me he was messing around in iMovie. So I figured he was just playing with the program. Matt was sitting next to me, and I started tearing up because it was sweet, timed out to our song. At the end, the last frame flashed to white and went to this:

Matt pulled the ring out of his pocket. And, of course, I said yes!



The only sad part to this story is that the ring is a little too small, when paired with the wedding band Matt will give me (it was his grandmother's...I've very honored and privileged to be the recipient of it because Matt was very close to his grandmother). So we had to send it off to be resized. I should get it back by the end of this coming week.

I can't wait to marry my best friend!!

More on wedding planning to come.

And stay tuned for the stories about house hunting! What a headache -- but will be totally worth it in the end!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment